Sunday, April 13, 2014

HEAVY METAL

This was my first attempt at using copper on a card.  I really like the color effect you get when it is heated.  After a half hour of trying to use my heat gun, I finally gave up and headed for the kitchen.  I placed the punched piece of copper in the toaster oven, and after 6 and 1/2 minutes on "toast" it finally turned deep orange.  It looks much better here; but IRL it is all one color.  The center flower was punched from an unheated piece for contrast.

Although it didn't turn out the way I had hoped, it will still make a nice Easter card.  Meanwhile, I plan to try again tomorrow morning with my BIC candle lighter in the hopes that an open flame will do the trick.  I'll be doing it in the driveway so I don't set the house on fire!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

The flower is really pretty even if it doesn't have all the colors of the heat. I love the dimension!

Shelly said...

Love your flower! It's such a pretty card.

You should get more color variation with your candle lighter. A gas stove works well too.

If you have silver metal sheets, it's fun to color them with alcohol inks. Blessings and hugs!!!