Thursday, August 28, 2014

BELATED BIRTHDAY CARDS

Inside reads, "but I did."  Now that we're back from OBX and I'm reasonably caught up around here, I had to make 5 belated birthday cards.  This stamp set from Technique Tuesday worked perfectly for all of them.

Since I stamped the elephant on grey paper for this card, I wanted a brighter background.  To make the elephant a bit more feminine, I added eyelashes with a black pen and a bow on "her" tail.  The straw was done with thinly cut pieces of cardstock.

Two of the other cards had the elephant stamped on dsp and mounted on neutral cardstock.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

What a darling card! That's such a cute set for belated birthdy cards. :) Blessings and hugs!!!

Bonnie said...

Perfect for belated birthday wishes! Love the eyelashes and bow! Great touch!

Kim S said...

She is absolutely charming with her embarrassed face! I love the dimension of the "straw"!