Sunday, April 26, 2015

AUTHENTIC DOGWOOD STAMP

This stamp by Hero Arts is the only one I've seen (so far, anyway) that has Dogwood blooms with four petals instead of five.  There is a "Legend of the Dogwood" which is appropriate for Easter, but it requires an authentic 4-petal Dogwood blossom.

The leaves on this stamp are very dark, but I wanted the blossoms to be much lighter.  So I first stamped the image in Versafine Olympia Green and stamped a second image in Smokey Gray stamped off once.  I then colored both as shown with colored pencils.

Next, I cut the white cs close to the image on the sides, sponged the edges with Smokey Gray and glued it to the green dsp which I had already glued to the card front.  Then I added the lighter blossoms over the image with dimensionals.

The greeting, from the SU "Painted Petals" set, was stamped in the Olympia Green and mounted on the card with dimensionals.  The final touch of Diamond Stickles was applied to the centers of the blossoms.

This card is going to a Silver Stamper who is 88 and makes the most amazing cards!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

These are beautiful dogwoods, Doris! Beautifully done!