Wednesday, July 15, 2015

ANOTHER PEG STAMPS CARD

The other day, two new embossing folders arrived in the mail.  They are 3-D folders and what fun!

This one is a basket weave which I used for a floral arrangement.  To make the basket, I used the label punch and snipped off the point on the bottom.  After punching out some "ferns" with a Martha Stewart punch, I taped them to the back of the basket to hold them in place.  I then mounted the basket to a rectangular piece of cs.

Next, I proceeded to "fill" the basket with leaves and flowers using my peg stamps until I was satisfied with the look.  I then added the dragonfly and painted the wings with Wink of Stella for a little sparkle.  Since the dsp I used had triangles, I added three rhinestones in a triangle to finish it off.

This card went out to a friend who had to have her dog put to sleep yesterday.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

A pretty bouquet! Love that embossed basket! Great idea, Doris!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for creating -- and sharing! -- the embossed basket, I had not yet figured out how to do it. It adds just the right amount of texture to the card. Thanks again!

Kim S said...

I haven't pulled my peg stamps out in such a long time - you have inspired me!!

How nice of you to send a card to your friend - no one should forget the depth of the grief of losing a pet.