Friday, July 24, 2015

CRAZY BIRDS

Every once in awhile we do what I call a "stamp in" where we bring some white cardstock and stamp images from each other's sets that we don't have.  Then we take them home to use on a card.

Jackie had the Tim Holtz set of Crazy Birds that we just fell in love with, so I stamped a bunch of them to color later.  This one is perfect for belated birthday cards.  In fact, the facial expression is so cute, you almost want to be late on purpose!

I colored the bird with colored pencils, then drew the deflated balloon free hand, adding the string "attached" to his wing.  The birthday hat is a Jolee sticker.  Before mounting the image to the card, I die cut the scalloped circle around him, added a handwritten message and sponged the edges with green ink.  After stamping the belated bd message inside, the card was on its way.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love these crazy birds and I've seen that they've even come out with a set of accessories for them! What fun! I agree, you'd almost want to be late on purpose so you could send this. Also good for someone who doesn't like to see those birthdays come around! Hope you have a great weekend!

Jackie said...

This is my newest set of stamps and I just love them! They can be sent for almost any occasion. Your card turned out awesome! Love the birthday hat and the deflated balloon!