Sunday, August 9, 2015

CASEing the Catalog Again!

Once again, I "stole" ideas from the SU catalog.  I just loved the softness of this card--it seems fresh and light for summer.  The card is on page 25, and  I CASEd it almost exactly.

This is also an example of using whatever sets you have that are similar in duplicating the look.  Mine is from Simply Sketched for the blueberry branch and Touch of Nature for the bird.  Since the bird's legs were too difficult to cut out, I drew legs for my bird directly on the cardstock and glued the bird over them.  (Much easier!)

The striped border is from the English Garden dsp collection and matches the bird color perfectly.  I added the jute and a tiny black gem for the eye, and I also used a pale green card base instead of the white shown in the catalog.

Stay tuned for more catalog CASEing as I keep looking for ideas!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Great CASE, Doris!