Wednesday, April 27, 2016

FOR THE GRADUATE

Our assignment today at Online Card Class was to make a card using vellum.  Since I also needed a graduation card, this is what I came up with.  The trick with using vellum is in hiding the adhesives used.

First I glued the dsp to the card front.  Then I white embossed the saying on the vellum.  Next, I used the triangle dies I just got in the mail the other day from Lil Inker, choosing cardstock colors used in the designer paper.  No subtle colors here!

After adhering the triangles and sequins to the vellum, I turned it over and placed mini glue dots behind them.  Then I turned it over and pressed it onto the card.

For a final touch, I added some tiny red gems that matched the red in the dsp.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Great way to adhere the vellum panel, Doris! Love the bright colors so perfect for a graduate!