Monday, April 25, 2016

FROM THE SCRAP DRAWER

This card started out with two strips of dsp and no idea of how to use them.  After gathering some additional scraps in the same color family, I mounted the two strips side by side as shown.

Using my SU! bird punch for the leaves and stem. I used them to "connect" the two dsp strips.  Using the flower punch, I lined up the dsp so that the flower image would be in the center.  I curled the petals back and mounted it to the card front with a dimensional.  The butterfly was punched from a scrap of silver paper and mounted with a glue dot.

To fill in the space below the left strip I added a small greeting.   Next, I added a pearl in the center of the flower and two smaller ones on the butterfly.

For the final touch, I tore the right side of the cardfront and sponged it with warm gray ink.  I love how this card just evolved from a few scraps!


2 comments:

Jeanne H said...

I especially love your flower and the DSP. Great use of scraps. :-)

Bonnie said...

Great job with these scraps, Doris! Love that shaped flower!