Friday, April 8, 2016

RUBBERNECKER STAMP SET

Last Saturday was the Allentown Stamp Show where I found this fun 3-step stamp set.  It took a little getting used to since it is not as precise an image like I would ordinarily use.

First I stamped the leaves in Distress ink, then the stems in a darker green, spritzing with water each time before stamping on the watercolor paper.  Then I stamped the flowers.  To get the darker colors on the blooms, I used Distress markers, stroking upward from the base of each blossom.  I think the trick is to not overdo it.

It was interesting to stamp a little out of my comfort zone.  I didn't like the look at first; but after adding the greetings and embellishments, and also the mats, I'm happy with it.

As for the stamp show itself, I found it disappointing.  For some unknown reason, they grouped all the booths in just a portion of the large room.  Had they spread the booths out into the unused space, it would have been a lot less crowded.  However, I probably spent a lot less!




1 comment:

Bonnie said...

These are beautiful, Doris! Love this stamp!